Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Monday, June 14, 2010

My grandma has dementia/Alzheimer's. The doctors don't seem to see it, but she is crazy and hilarious. She makes me laugh every time I see her despite the fact her brain is gone. In Alzheimer's you can find pain, but I choose instead to find joy. This is for you, grandma.


G-pa: Where's your cane?

G-ma: I don't use a cane anymore.

G-pa: Oh, really? Okay, let's go then.

G-ma: Okay.....Where's my cane?



For a second there, I thought my grandma aged in reverse; starting with a cane and now walking [semi] upright. According to my calculations she would've started crawling soon.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I agree, there is enough sadness, let's enjoy our sweet grandma and laugh with her! :) Love the new blog, keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete